Coronavirus (Covid-19) Update
Following the Prime Minister’s press conference yesterday, we wanted to inform you of the significant new measures he announced:
- Anyone with symptoms of a fever 37.7C/100F or above or new persistent cough should stay at home for at least 7 days.
- If you live with other people that have any of the above symptoms, they should stay at home for at least 14 days, to avoid spreading the infection outside the home.
- After 14 days, anyone you live with who does not have symptoms can return to their normal routine.
- But, if anyone in your home gets symptoms, they should stay at home for 7 days from the day their symptoms start.
People who have to isolate themselves should ask others for help
- Everyone should stop non-essential contact with others. This is particularly important for people over 70, those with underlying health conditions and pregnant women
- Adults should work from home where they can
- People should avoid places like pubs, clubs and theatres. This applies especially to those in London which is "a few weeks ahead" of the rest of the UK
- People should stop all unnecessary travel
- By the weekend, those with the most serious health conditions should be largely shielded from social contact for 12 weeks
Mr Johnson also stated that, although he has the powers to, he still has no plans to close school. Therefore, if there is not anyone in your household displaying the above symptoms, then your child must be in school.
I also wanted to take this opportunity to state that there are no confirmed cases at SASF. Rest assured, if this were to change the school would seek appropriate advice and make all necessary arrangements.
Please look after yourselves and each other in these difficult times,
Mr T Sharpe.